At Manoa Keiki Club, we invite toddlers and caregivers to join us on a learning adventure full of cherished moments with your ohana!
Created and facilitated by our team of inspired educators, Manoa Keiki Club’s play-based classes are designed to stimulate toddlers’ cognitive, social, and physical development and pave the way for success in preschool, and beyond! With the help of new friends and supportive caregivers, our youngsters will discover early math and literacy, music and dance, art and crafts, and much more. With a small group of peers, they’ll hone early learning skills like listening & understanding, collaboration, problem solving and creative thinking.
In addition to structured activities, each hour-long session will include a period of open play where toddlers and grown ups can freely explore our new play space. In addition to books, games, and toys, curious youngsters will be able to interact with a series of Hawaii-themed “exploration stations.” Our keiki will buy and sell goods at Longs, Jr., harvest at a taro patch, and more! Our team will rotate some of these stations on a monthly basis, so there will always be something new to explore!
At Manoa Keiki Club, we provide a safe and comfortable space where toddlers can gain positive early learning experiences that will help them become confident, joyful learners throughout their childhood.
Join us for Mānoa Keiki Club, where learning feels like play!
Our program is divided into three different age groups: Honu, Manō, and Nēnē. Each group will take part in skill-building activities tailored to their age level. As kids advance, our curriculum gently prepares them for the classroom environment, while keeping the emphasis on fun, playful, and open-ended experience.
HONU CLASS (18 months – 24 months)
Your lively Honu will sing, dance, create arts & crafts, take turns playing games with peers, and explore free play! This quickly evolving hour-long class will keep your spirited keiki engaged while practicing early preschool skills.
MANŌ CLASS (24 months – 30 months)
Your keiki will swim into a gentle introduction to early preschool concepts through fun and engaging activities that alternate between focused tasks and physical and interactive games. You and your curious Manō will build lasting experiences and have a blast discovering early literacy and math, circle time, STEM activities, music, art and more!
NĒNĒ CLASS (30 months – 36 months)
The Nēnē class flies into a slightly more formal class environment to prepare students for a smooth transition to preschool. Fun and engaging play-based activities will focus on early literacy and math concepts and promote independent, confident, eager learners who are ready for ‘big kid school’!
Manoa Keiki Club will be hosted in the new extension of our Mānoa Marketplace learning center, which features a play-area and a more formal classroom.
How it Works:
Manoa Keiki Club classes are scheduled every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning.
Grown-up participation is required, and we ask that only 1 grown-up join us for class. Grown-ups are required to wear socks in the center while toddlers will go barefoot.
All families are invited to schedule a free introductory class. After that, participants can enroll in monthly packages that will auto-renew on a monthly basis. You may choose to join us once, twice or three times a week as each class will offer
Join our mailing list to be the first to know when Manoa Keiki Club launches with FREE TRIAL CLASSES in Spring 2023!
Our curriculum Includes:
- 1 take home project per class
- Circle time
- Music & dance
- Early STEM activities
- Games & group activities
- Preschool prep
- Early literacy & math
- Life skills
- New project and activities each class
- New exploration station in the play area every month
Example class format
|5-10 minutes||Circle Time|
|10 minutes||Free Play|
|10 minutes||Group Activity|
|10 minutes||Free Play|
|5-10 minutes||Story time & Good Bye Song|
Please review the Manoa Keiki Club policies and guidelines carefully
Health & Safety Guidelines
- Masks are now optional at Tutor Doctor Hawaii and Manoa Keiki Club
- We kindly ask all participants to wash or disinfect their hands before entering the play center
- Staff will be required to thoroughly disinfect the center between each class and at the beginning and end of each day
- Keiki and staff are required to stay home and not attend class if they are feeling sick or showing symptoms of illness. This is a key step in keeping our center safe for everyone, and we kindly request for parents to assess their children before coming to class.
- Any public place where people gather presents an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 or other communicable illnesses. Families must abide by Tutor Doctor Hawaii’s policies and procedures to mitigate this and assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and other illnesses.
Please click to view Tutor Doctor Hawaii’s updated Health Guidelines and Policies
All registrations are subject to a $1.99 non-refundable booking fee required by our integrated registration software, Sawyer. This will be applied once per order at checkout.
Families may enroll in monthly packages that will auto-renew on the first of every month. You may choose to join us once, twice or three times a week as each class will offer different projects and activities. There are no classes scheduled on the fifth week of every month, and alternative days are scheduled for holidays. Please review our monthly schedule carefully. If monthly payment is not received on time, the student’s spot may be forfeited.
Should you choose to cancel your enrollment for any reason, you must provide notice at least 14 days before the first of the next month. There will be no refunds issued for once the month begins or for any previous enrollments.
Missed Class/Make-up class Policy
If you miss a scheduled class for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to schedule your make-up class. Make-up classes are subject to availability and must be scheduled beforehand. Make-up classes may only be scheduled once within 90 days of the missed class.
Behavior Expectations and Policy
Tutor Doctor Hawaii upholds the fundamental principle that every individual should be treated with dignity, respect and care to allow the opportunity to play and learn in a safe, fun and caring environment. Every individual plays an important role in our classes, and we all must act in a manner that promotes care and mutual respect for each other. The safety and well-being of each child and team member are of our highest priority, and we kindly request that you please help to guide your child accordingly. In the event that a child behaves in a way that repeatedly disrupts the class experience for others or endangers other children or team members, they may be asked to be removed from the class. Tutor Doctor Hawaii reserves the right to ask children not to return to the play center if their behavior consistently and negatively affects other children and team members. In this case, tuition fees will not be refunded.
Manoa Keiki Club Class and Play Center Policies
- Grown-ups must provide and wear their own socks in the play center while keiki will go barefoot.
- Grown-up participation is required, and we kindly request that only 1 grown-up join us for class.
- Please supervise your keiki at all times.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone during class to allow for a distraction-free experience with your keiki.
- Please be respectful and courteous to others if you intend to upload photos and videos to social media platforms that may include other keiki in class.
- Please refrain from bringing your own toys or personal items into the play center.
- Drinking and eating are not permitted in the play center.
- Manoa Keiki Club classes are designed to gently introduce keiki to the structured routine of preschool. We strongly encourage your keiki to participate and transition through each activity as scheduled. If your keiki does not want to participate in the scheduled activity (such as circle time or the group activity), we kindly request that you refrain from free play at the other stations to avoid further disruptions.
- All play centers and playgrounds have an inherent risk of illness and injury. Anyone who enters our play center assumes and understands the risk for yourself and children. We are not responsible for any loss, theft or damage of personal property.