Tutor Doctor Hawaii Private Tutoring Services
Schedule a free assessment online or in-person at our learning center so that we may get to know your child and share how we may help support your academic needs. The assessment is approximately 30-45 minutes long in a 1:1 setting, and it is a great opportunity to visit our learning center and get to know our team members.
Upon completion of the assessment, you will receive a comprehensive report where we share our academic insight and helpful tips and recommendations for improvement.
Please note that complimentary assessments are only available to students in grades PreK-6 at this time. For students in grades 7-12 please complete the Grades 7-12 Tutoring Inquiry Form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible with tutor matching information.
Please click on the following links to complete the Tutoring Inquiry Form and schedule your free assessment.
Private 1:1 Tutoring
The explosion of knowledge today sometimes places intense pressure on students. Yet mastering tough academic subjects becomes fun when young people can rely upon experienced, skillful tutoring services. Let us help make a positive lifelong difference in learning with our provision of talented, knowledgeable tutoring services.
Consider a few of the reasons why so many people request our services:
- Individualized lessons with tutors who help students feel comfortable and cared for during sessions
- Carefully matched tutors with students
- Tutors who tailor lesson plans to meet individual learning objectives and goals
- Qualified, experienced tutoring services
- Convenient and flexible scheduling based on your availability
- Session reports provided after each session to keep constant communication with families
- Follow-up assessments to ensure progress and improvements (PreK – 6)
- Tech-free, hands-on tutoring
- Tutoring all subjects grades PreK – 12 and select college courses
- Individualized SSAT and private school admission tutoring
- Individualized SAT tutoring
In-class private tutoring is a unique way for students and tutors to develop a positive learning experience. At our new learning center, individual tutoring allows the tutor to directly respond to the student’s educational needs in an encouraging and enthusiastic manner. The lack of a screen enhances already effective individualized tutoring by allowing students and tutors to fully respond to one another, progressing towards the student’s goals. The in-person format also allows students to get immediate feedback on schoolwork and receive the benefits of interactive learning.
Have questions? Get answers!
“(My tutor) has been absolutely wonderful! I’ve loved working with him and he is a great teacher. He definitely makes math a lot more fun and more simple!”
“(My son) received his first set of grades from his latest math summative and the improvement is just astounding! His tutor and (my son) make a great team and I am just so excited and appreciative. (My son’s) teacher also noticed that he’s starting to slow down and focus more. Thank you all so much. This means so much to us! I did not expect to see such a large change so quickly! (My son) really enjoys his tutoring though he may not seem like it all the time. He tells our family how much he likes working with his tutor. Thank you all again. So very excited for the future.”
“My second grade son had private tutoring to challenge his reading comprehension and writing. By the end of a couple months, he could dissect the very complex Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and moved on to read and analyze The Hobbit. He even wrote his own short story! His tutor was very conscientious of his strengths and weaknesses and was great at both encouraging and challenging him. She knew how to make him feel comfortable and have fun while learning!”
“Thank you Tutor Doctor for helping and challenging my girls. Two of my children have private tutoring, and the tutors have gone above and beyond my expectations. For my high school student, the tutor immediately recognized where she needed help and taught her the needed steps. My elementary child looks forward to spending time with her tutor because she challenges her while making learning fun.”
TUITION AND FEES
We have 2 enrollment packages for private 1:1 tutoring. We offer both online and in-class tutoring at our Learning Center at Manoa Marketplace. Scheduling is flexible based on your availability and the tutor you work with.
- The prepaid hours of tutoring is $60/hour, with a minimum 8 hour purchase. These hours can be used at your discretion, and they are valid for up to 1 year from the last session.
- The monthly subscription rate is $64/hour, and this is billed on a monthly basis with a 1 hour a week minimum. The monthly hours are valid for 60 days from the purchase date, and you may cancel at any time.
Our enrollment packages are designed to partner with students towards long term goals and academic improvements rather than brief intercessions of tutoring. We are currently waiving the one-time $65 registration fee for all new students.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Everyone who enters the center must wear a face mask that is properly fitted and covers their nose and mouth at all times.
- Students and staff must observe social distancing protocols. Tutoring sessions have been greatly reduced to maintain social distancing throughout the center.
- Everyone who enters the center will be required to have their temperature checked.
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer will be required throughout the day.
- Team members will be thoroughly disinfecting the center frequently and between each student.
We are proud to offer our reward program for our tutoring students where they can earn Discovery Bucks for successful tutoring sessions that can be traded in for small prizes. This helps to motivate students and focus on positive reinforcement and a good learning experience.
Online tutoring delivers the same high-quality experience you’d expect from Tutor Doctor Hawaii but with a number of additional benefits.
- Remember everything. Every online tutoring session with Tutor Doctor Hawaii is recorded, so the student can review it later. This helps them retain information and refresh their memory before that vital exam. This is especially valuable for older students studying STEM subjects and is one of the major reasons for choosing online tutoring over offline tutoring.
- Location is no longer a barrier. No matter where you live, we can find the perfect tutor for your child. Once you’ve found that tutor, you can stick with them, wherever you are and wherever they are. There’s no risk of tutoring being interrupted by bad-weather, accidents or vacations (unless you want it to be).
- Online tutoring can make your life easier. We know your schedules are hectic and finding an hour or two in the week to fit tutoring in can be a real challenge. Moving online opens up more time slots and means tutoring can happen from anywhere with a decent internet connection.
Free PreK-6 Assessments
Please complete the Tutoring Inquiry Form and you will be directed to schedule your free assessment.
7-12 Grade Students
For students in grades 7-12, please complete the following Tutoring Inquiry Form and we will get back to you very soon with additional information.
College and Adult Education Students
Please complete the following Tutoring Inquiry Form, and we will get back to you with additional information.
The Tutor Doctor Process
Assess: We start with a free consultation where we can assess your child’s needs and create a customized program for their academic goals.
Match: Tutor Doctor utilizes an advanced matching system that pairs your child with a qualified tutor who fits their educational needs and personality.
Tutor: Personalized tutoring involves a curriculum designed for each specific student. That means your child will get help with homework and assistance filling in the gaps so they are confident in the classroom.
Support: We’re with you every step of the way. We make sure to follow up on our services, keeping your family in the loop and checking in with regular session reports on how your child is doing.